Standing up for your health
Let work help you lose weight.
That’s the key message to come from the European Journal of Preventative Cardiology which says that substituting sitting down at work for six hours for standing up will help you shed almost half a stone.
The study found that those switching from sitting to standing at work burned an additional 54 calories a day resulting in a big weight loss.
(Pictured; Dynamic's Air Sit & Stand Desk, Click Here to see more)
The international research examined data from more than 1,000 men and women who had previously taken part in 46 different studies. Participants were an average weight (around 10 stone) and in their mid-thirties.
The research (recently highlighted in The Independent newspaper) cites that over a year standing instead of sitting could mean weight loss of 5.5lbs (2.5 kg) without changing eating and exercise habits.
Senior author Professor Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, Chief of Preventive Cardiology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, USA comments: “Standing not only burns more calories, but the additional muscle activity is also linked to lower rates of heart attacks, strokes and diabetes, so the benefits of standing could go beyond weight control.”
The message is clear. Stand up for your right to be slimmer and fitter.
- Jun 24, 2019 Standing up for your health Lose weight at work, with no extra effort.
- May 9, 2019 CLERKENWELL 2019 We are pleased to announce that Dynamic Office Solutions shall be attending Clerkenwell Design Week 2019.
- Mar 15, 2019 We Made It!
- Feb 27, 2019 Charity Event | London to Shanghai
- Feb 13, 2019 New Dynamic Showroom
- Jan 31, 2019 Dynamic Marathon Challenge